CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

'HAPPY NEW YEAR'

Well today is December 31, 2010 and another year has come and gone! It is a warm, stormy night in Mississippi, not typical weather at all.  I listen to the fireworks outside and see the celebrations on TV and I think about the past year.

Seems like it was just yesterday that the year started with all the hopes and expectations that we are again talking about for 2011.God has blessed me and my family with so many blessings and yet there ate times when I didn't feel so blessed, but isn't that part of life?

As I type this I have earphones on listening to the music of the 1960's and I think about how life has changed since that time.  Some good and some bad, but then I think back to the past year and think of all of God's blessings and find it that there are so many blessings in my life that I can't even remember them all. Not that all the year was good, it wasn't, but the good has certainly outweighed the bad.

I am thankful that Jim and I had the opportunity to celebrate another wedding anniversary, number 49 this time and God willing we may make it to 50 in 2011. This is such a milestone since so many of our friends are married to their second, third, or even fourth spouse! The wonderful part is we love each other more now than we did in 1961. I am thankful for my girls, thankful that they have happy marriages to wonderful men who not only love them but love Jim and me. Next on my list would be my grandchildren and great grand children.  They all live near by and I get to see them almost everyday, what more could I ask!

I am thankful that Jim and I returned to church this year and that the one we chose is a small country church home with people who really care for us and really love the Lord. I am thankful for Dr. Wyman, Dr. Kelly, and all the nurses and doctors at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville who operated on Jim December 22 and was able to get him home in time for Christmas. And I know that they will use all their talents, knowledge and God's blessings to make him well again and free of his cancer.

2011 will come in another hour and we will be thankful for 2010 and will be ready to face whatever is in store because we know that we have each other and God's Blessings!!!

Happy New Year and Love to Jim, Jan and Timmy, Michelle and James, Stephany, Grimey, Tyson and Logan, Andy and Devin, Adam and Sara, and Meghan. (And I can't forget our little animal children, Buster, Rosie, and Snuffy)

0 comments:

Post a Comment